ITPO Activities and FunctionsThe main activities and services of ITPO:-
• Managing the extensive trade fair complex, Pragati Maidan in the heart of Delhi.
• Organising various trade fairs and exhibitions at its exhibition complex in Pragati Maidan and other centres in India.
• Extending use of Pragati Maidan for holding of trade fairs and exhibitions by other fair organisers both from India and abroad.
• Identifying and nurturing specific export products with long range growth prospects.
• Cultivating overseas buyers through timely and efficient services.
• Establishing durable contacts between Indian suppliers and overseas buyers.
• Assisting Indian companies in product development and adaptation to meet buyers’ requirements.
• Organising Buyer-Seller Meets and other exclusive India shows with a view to bringing buyers and sellers together.
• Organising India Promotions with Department Stores and Mail Order Houses abroad.
• Participating in overseas trade fairs and exhibitions.
• Arranging product displays for visiting overseas buyers.
• Inviting overseas buyers and organising their meetings with Indian suppliers.
• Assisting in locating suitable foreign collaborators for transfer of technology, joint ventures, marketing tie-ups and investment promotion.
• Organising seminars / Conferences / Workshops.
• Encouraging and involving small and medium scale units in export promotion efforts.
• Conducting in-house and need-based research on trade and export promotion
• Enlisting the involvement and support of the State Governments in India for promotion of India’s foreign trade.
• Promoting establishment of facilities for holding trade fairs in State Capitals or other suitable locations in India, wherever possible, in consultation with concerned State Governments.
For More Information